To create value for shareholders and society in a sustainable way, delivering market leading returns by developing customer focused and design led properties, letting them to a diverse tenant base on flexible terms, then applying a proactive approach to asset management.
We adopt a proactive approach to leasing and pride ourselves on our high quality management, delivering the best possible day-to-day experience for each of our occupiers.
Maximise Shareholder return by increasing the net asset value of the Group through capital gains and growing our rental income stream to cover dividends.
- Deliver long-term sustainable growth.
- Clear focus on Total Shareholder Return, delivering capital growth and income.
- Purpose and values embedded effectively in the operational policies and practices of the Group.
- Incentivise management to outperform the Group’s competitors by setting challenging levels of performance targets, against which rewards are measured
- Total Shareholder Return (1 year)
- Total Accounting Return
- EPRA Total Accounting Return
- EPRA Net Tangible Assets
Manage a “best in class”, balanced portfolio with a clear market focus, combining assets with significant development and asset management potential with a strong rental income stream.
- A focus on London, delivering income growth from asset management and capital gains from development activity.
- Locate sites where complexity presents opportunity to add significant value through innovative development and asset management.
- Maximise income through attracting a diverse and financially robust portfolio of tenants.
- Continue a culture that is committed to the highest standards in health & safety.
- Improve the communities in which we are active and ensure sustainability underpins our approach.
- Portfolio Return – MSCI (1 year)
- Portfolio Return – MSCI (3 year)
Ensure that sustainability is at the heart of our business decisions creating a portfolio which is futureproofed for all our stakeholders.
- Transition to a low carbon business.
- Buy, use and re-use resources efficiently.
- Bring social, economic and environmental benefits to the areas in which we operate.
- Design and operate our buildings to support health and wellbeing.
- BREEAM rating (excellent or above)
- EPC ratings
Attract and retain the best people encouraging their development and progression to ensure future succession is secured. Maintain our excellent reputation and network of property sector contacts, trusted partners and advisors.
- Small and empowered core team supported by valued advisers to allow scalability.
- Clear plan for succession.
- Strong relationships and a reputation which generates off-market opportunities.
- A trusted team of external consultants to enable us to deliver quickly and to a very high standard.
- Work with joint venture partners to increase project scale and to manage risk.
- Average employee service
- Average staff turnover
Operate a sustainable capital structure in which the core business costs are covered by income from the investment portfolio. Use gearing on a tactical basis throughout the cycle to accentuate returns.
- Maintain an appropriate risk-adjusted LTV.
- Use of “equity lite” structures to maximise returns.
- Strong banking relationships for quick access to finance at competitive pricing.
- Build cash reserves to cope with market fluctuations and take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
The future of the office – 4 trends
- Sustainability is at the top of corporate agendas.
- Tenants want to occupy the most sustainable and environmentally favourable buildings to achieve both their own net zero carbon targets and those of their stakeholders.
- For the same reasons, investors are actively seeking to acquire these buildings.
- We are seeing evidence of a “green” rental and yield premium for the most sustainable assets.
- Wellness of employees is now a top priority.
- The day to day experience of building occupiers and their perception of the space they inhabit is becoming ever more important.
- Enhanced fresh air supplies and air quality, effective temperature control, pleasant through-building journeys and sensitive, controllable lighting systems all contribute to the wellness goals of our occupiers.
Smart building technology
- As outlined in the Smart Buildings section, we are at the forefront of what is possible in terms of building technology which optimises the working environment.
- Our fast developing experience in this complex area allows us to set ourselves ambitious benchmarks for our future buildings.
Enhanced amenity provision
- Going hand in hand with wellness, there is a demand from tenants for well considered and highly specified in-building amenities to enhance the occupier experience.
- Including a significant quantum of secure bike parking and high-quality “club style” changing facilities, exciting and varied on site or adjacent food and beverage facilities, fitness opportunities and an events programme are just some of the amenities we regularly provide in our buildings.
- We are seeing an increasing “hotelification” of office buildings, with five-star management a necessity.
Goals for the Year Ending 31 March 2024
- Maintain effective channels of engagement with our stakeholders
- Fully-let The JJ Mack Building, EC1 development
- Progress our joint venture with TFL
- Acquire new schemes
- Commence development of 100 New Bridge Street, EC4 and arrange appropriate finance
- Continue to be recognised as a leading supplier of sustainable office buildings in London
- Continue our pathway to Net Zero